Urban district heating systems with Flexalen SL
Flexalen SL was specifically developed for large-scale applications in urban district heating and cooling networks with all the benefits of Flexalen for large volumes. The Flexalen SL pre-insulated pipe consists of:
- Polybutene (PB-1) medium pipe: a flexible polyolefin material that assures quick and reliable assembly, 50 year lifetime, while being the best in class for pressure and temperature rating as well as energy efficiency.
- PE-based polyolefin foam for diameters OD 63 to 125mm, which minimizes the risk of water absorption due to its hydrophobic and closed cell structure. This ensures the insulation properties of Flexalen 600 are safeguarded over a long product lifetime.
- Polyurethane (PUR) insulation for diameters OD 125 to 225mm, offering a high insulation value which results in significant energy savings.
- Smooth High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) casing to protect the pipe against any risk of outside damage.
Discover how Thermaflex effectively renovated the district heating network of Otopeni in Bucharest (Romania) in partnership with Veolia. Click here for the case study and letter of recommendation.
- 4x faster installation compared to conventional systems
- 75% savings on installation costs
- 40% savings on total investment costs
- 2,083 tons of annual CO2 savings
Why choose Flexalen SL pre-insulated pipes?
- Fully homogeneous weldability, ensuring reliable connections
- Stable performance over long service life
- Dimensioning and network optimization services
- Quick and simple installation
- Light material, ensuring easy handling
- 10 year product warranty
- Fully recyclable (up to OD 125mm)
Our technical support team and network engineers are ready to support you with:
- Network design optimization
- Network dimensioning
- Precheck of design and parts during order
- Technical assistance on site
Our Flexalen SL pre-insulated pipes are available as a single pipe system (OD 63 to 225mm), with or without oxygen barrier (up to OD 90). Flexalen SL pipes are delivered in lengths 11.8m (OD 63 to 125 mm) or 5.8m (OD 125 to OD 225mm).